Question Unanswered: Combo selection not saving To Table

Hi

This is my first post here and I am very new too Access 2003 but have been teaching myself by trial and error and looking up forums for the past couple of weeks. I have come to a problem on my form and wonder if some one can tell me what I am doing wrong.

I have created a form by using the wizard selecting all the fields in a table.
    I have changed the textboxes to unbound and can enter data from the form to the table ok, its when I change two textboxes to comboboxes the selections don't record in the table it only records the numeral 1.
    The comboboxes show show the correct information in them but just dont save to the table.

I'm obviously missing something and its frustrating the heck out of me.

Provided Answers: 59
    probably best to ask in the Access forum.....
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 14
    The combo will store the value of its Bound Column which can be different from the column it displays.
    Have a nice day!

As I said in my PM I am not up with all the jargon. Could you please explain exactly what you mean and how i go about making it save

Thanks

when you use a combo box it normally has its own local data storage. classically its two columns (but can be different). so you need to work out which column has the value you want to store in the table. personally I'd expect it to be a integer. normally the first column (coinfusingly column 0) is the one that has the data in it as thats the default value.

you can adjust what column(s) / value(s) is displayed by setting the column widths of the control, a width of 0 means a column isn't displayed (its still there you just can't see it.

I can pull the data from the tblSuppliers into the combobox ok but when I close the form my combobox selection is not saving to tblMaterials.
    Also when I open the form again the data is still showing from the last record in the form it's not clearing on exit.

if you are using unbound controls, that's the behaviour you should expect.