Red face Unanswered: Broke my DB :( can you help? - You cannot add or change

Hi
    I don't know what happened but when trying to add a record to a subform I get the following error:
    You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'tbl_Client--
    I only have tbl_Client. tbl_Client-- was a duplicate table that was deleted.

I am at a loss what I have done or how to fix it.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Tracy

yes well the message indicates your subform/mainform records have a sync issue.

because there is a main & sub - - then 2 tables are involved. lets say you go to a new record in the main and attempt to put info into the subform but haven't put any info in the main form yet - - so there is no primary key for this brand new record existing.....which is why the subform will balk - - because it is "sub" and it wants to see that primary key before you put any info into it....

Hope this helps....
    www CahabaData com

Thanks for the reply
    IT makes sense. I don't understand how it happened though. It was working great.
    I was getting the " is not a valid.... blah blah. It was all down hill from there.

I am rebuilding my db

Thanks for the help

Tracy