Unanswered: Database viewing/manipulation via webpage

Hello,

I am a student working on my senior project, we are creating a back end admin webpage and would like to be able to view/update a database through our website, we have created the database through mySQL created at myPHPadmin, and we use dreamhost.com as our webhost.

so what we would like to happen is type in our url/admin to login in to view/update the database located at myPHPadmin

is there an application that we can use, if not does anyone know what and how the scripting works?

Shannon

Provided Answers: 59
    whats wrong with using PHPMyAdmin, after all it is a PHP scripted db admin tool for MySQL. if it doesn't provide enough functionality then you will have to roll your own or consider using something like MySQL Workbench which rolls the design, admin & query toolsets into one package
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

you should be able to examine the PHP code used in phpmyadmin

database manipulation

Thanks for your reply, we do have the database set up through myPHPadmin, we wanted to establish a connection to a table in the database to view and manipulate through our back end admin webpage.

What we decided to do was just create a link to the the myPHPadmin website, this adds another layer of security.

but we wanted to see if we would be able to do something like that through the website.

Shannon

yes
    if you want to write something yourselves
    what does PHPmyAdmin not give you