Question Unanswered: Locks by SYSTOOLS.HMON_ATM_INFO

Hi I have a problem with locks. Two queries that are associated with this situation are the following, the first operates on SYSTOOLS.HMON_ATM_INFO the second one is created by me.

Lock requestor:
    UPDATE SYSTOOLS.HMON_ATM_INFO AS ATM SET STATS_FLAG = 'N', REORG_FLAG = 'N' WHERE (ATM.SCHEMA, ATM.NAME) IN (SELECT IBM.CREATOR, IBM.NAME FROM SYSIBM.SYSTABLES AS IBM WHERE IBM.TYPE = 'N' )

Lock owner: INSERT INTO MY_SCHEMA.MY_TABLE....

Those two queries operate on completely different objects/columns/fields in database how it is possible that the first one is block by the second one ?

And how can I avoid this situation ?

Thank you for any help.
    Regards,
    foxrafi

Capture application and lock snapshot to see what's it's waiting on (possibly some catalog table).

Aren't those related to the Health Monitor?

The Db2 Health Monitor has been depricated by IBM, and will be removed in a future version of DB2 (to be replaced by something else, probably at extra cost). Part of the reason for this (IMO) is that the Health Monitor does not work well, and can cause a lot of system problems, including but not limited to, instance crashes. You can shut it off in the DBM config. I would also recommend turning off automatic maintenance in the DB config, and writing your own maintenance scripts.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390