05-26-11, 09:31 #1Banned
- Join Date
- Apr 2003
- Washington DC area
LAN System Admin position in Rockville MD
Salary Rockville MD
6 months to hire
We are looking for a LAN Support Representative who will provide support to the LAN Administrator in coordinating LAN activities for the organization, focusing on an environment with over 200 workstations, 150 servers and 60 mobile devices consisting primarily of Microsoft server and desktop systems. Also responsible for providing support to the LAN Administrator for any external organizations IT services that are being provided.
You’ll report directly to the Director of Data Center Services. This position typically requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 4 - 6 years related experience of which at least 3 years must be specialized experience. Specialized experience includes protocol analysis and a working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and Blackberries. General knowledge and experience with server operating systems, software, and hardware including planning, installation and support is a must. Experience and understanding of communication networks and storage in terms of planning, installation, and support a plus.
Key Responsibilities & Skills
· Install and configure hardware and software, troubleshoot LAN and other network related problems, and provide technical expertise for performance and configuration of systems on network.
· Perform general LAN administration, including providing technical support for the integration and support of computer integrated network.
· Assist the LAN Administrator with monitoring and support of LAN related hardware and software.
· Assist the LAN Administrator in maintaining network users, user environment, directories, and security.
· Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs as well as systems.
· Remain abreast of changes in user and system software and hardware requirements.
· Update operating systems and software as required.
· Assist with backup and recovery support of LAN servers.
· Assist with management of LAN printing.
· Make recommendations to the Director of Data center Services concerning software, equipment, security and facilities & maintenance.
· Respond to 24x7 emergency pager on a scheduled, rotating basis as needed.
· Assist the LAN Administrator with managing Windows NT, Server 2000, Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2 and the Vista, Windows XP and Windows 7 Operating Systems.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Candidate should be familiar with the following technologies -- Active Directory, malware protection and prevention, Internet Security and Acceleration Server (ISA), wireless technology, Ghost technology, MAS500, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project Server, NetBackup, FTP, SQL, Exchange, IIS, SSL, BlackBerry Exchange Server and general email technology, Hewlett Packard Hardware and Insight Manager, Dell Hardware and all management systems associated with Dell, Websense, SharePoint Server, Microsoft Ecommerce technology (BizTalk, Commerce, etc.), NetApp Storage technology.
· Must possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Ability to multi-task and troubleshoot important.
· Implementation of plans and procedures and close attention to detail also required.
· Must possess strong planning and organizational skills.
· Must possess a broad understanding of the principles, concepts and techniques of a technical/technical support area, including the impact on peripheral business areas.
· Ability to work independently on moderately complex tasks with little instruction is required.
· Must exhibit significant independent judgment and be able to independently organize own work to meet established objectives.
08-02-12, 17:53 #2Resident Curmudgeon
- Join Date
- Feb 2004
- In front of the computer
Sorry Brian, this post is over one year old. I doubt that the position is still open.
-PatPIn theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.