Unanswered: Toe in the water

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm 66 and politically active. I have Paradox version 11.0.0.411 as part of the Corel Office Suite, so I suppose I'll spend most of my time in this forum.

I'm working through the tutorial that came with the program. It seems straightforward enough, but it also seems somewhat superficial. I imagine that I'll have a lot of questions when the rubber finally meets the road.

Is anyone aware of any manuals (books, PDFs, etc.) that could be valuable (or, at least, usable) resources for me?

I'd like to create a Paradox data base of political contacts: State legislators (senators & representatives), their respective districts and attendant counties, their local newspapers, radio and TV stations, local (county, city, town) political leaders, civic groups, churches, etc.

My intent is to be able to reäct quickly to various political issues with letters and e-mails to those who I feel might be affected or who might need additional—unspun—information. I want to be able to blanket the state rapidly.

I have a great deal of experience with DataPerfect, but that program's not viable on my XP Pro operating system, so I have to do it all through Paradox (unless someone has an alternate suggestion!).

If anyone has suggestions re my plans and hopes, I'd appreciate hearing from them.

not what you want to hear, but:

first and foremost.. Paradox is a totally dead platform.. the last meaningful event was when support and development stopped ten years ago.. there is no point in putting effort into this, if you're starting from scratch..

second.. if you *do* proceed, go to the "cummunity" web site.. that's where the small remaining group of developers and users hangs out.. I'm only here to steer you over to there, and I'm about the only one here to do that..

Home - Paradox Community
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too