Unanswered: Dlookup in Query

I have a query that I am trying to do a Dlookup on that will lookup a field in the same query called CostsetNo which contains the current data of C97, I am using this to to lookup a value in the C97 field on Costset table, I have attached picture to explain more.

The below formula returnes only first number in the C97 field for every record
    Totalcost: DLookUp([costsetno],"CostSet",[Resource_Code])

The below Formulas works & retunes different values for every record
    Totalcost2: DLookUp([c97],"CostSet",[Resource_Code])

I think it maybe missing “ but not sure. I an doing this so that I can change the value in the Costsetno & then the Dlookup should lookup the values in the correct Field header on Costset.

Hope someone can help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Query Dlookup1.jpg   Query Dlookup2.jpg  

out on a limb
    Provided Answers: 59
    why not 'just' join to the costset table and pull the value as required
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

They are linked all ready, the Costsetno contains a global variable that changes so I need the dlookup to look in Costsetno & use this value to choose the correct field in Costset table.

Dlookup in query problem think it is to do with placement of “ or [ but not to sure.

I have a form “FRM_Data” within this form I have some data & a text box to display the tbl price, when you enter data into the Price list text box the data is stores as a global value “GL_Selected_Pricelist”

In Qry_data there is a field PriceNo that displayes the “GL_Selected_Pricelist” & a 2 Dlookup field.

Priceb is the one that works Priceb: DLookUp([price1],"pricelist",[tbl_code]=pricelist!code)

Price Dos not Work Price: DLookUp([priceno],"pricelist",[tbl_code]=[pricelist]![code])

If you can help I would like Price to work as this should looup the data in PriceNo field & then look in the Pricelist table for the corresponding column heading & then find the value.

Last edited by Newwales; 06-01-11 at 07:42.