Unanswered: Custom Auto number

Hello. We occassionally have to scrap inventory and in order to be audit complient we have to have a control number and log for each form created. Currently we are doing this manually in Excel but I would like to move it to Access and automate it a bit. I have created 2 tables: 1 for the form info and 1 for the part info. The 2 are linked by a 'SCRAP NUMBER' field. The form has been created and it seems to work. HOWEVER, I need the SCRAP NUMBER to be a number that starts with 'SCRP' followed by a 6 digit number (control #) that will auto assign the next consecutive number to a new record. I also have a field for the requestors initials. I would like to their initials as the end of the number. That way each scrap form will have a unique SCRP number.

I would want it to look like this.... SCRP000017GLB

I originally had the 2 tables use the SCRP number as the primary key and I got it to work but then I read all the posts about not using the primary key for that purpose and to use DMAX... I am not familiar with DMAX. I then added another row to the table for an autonumber primary key.

Thanks in advance!

You can see in attached example.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The attachment will not allow me to open it - I get an error saying it is corupted. Can you please resend? Thanks!

I have already several times with perfect zip file and some members of the forum have also complained that they can not read. I do not understand what the problem was, maybe we can help some of the moderators. During that time we send you an email to my email zoran.eremija@it4you.com.au