Unanswered: incremental restore error ( cross-platform)

Hi,

I'm restoring backup images from one OS ( 32-bit) to another ( 64-bit) and am using the compression library on the target OS to perform the restore...

I was able to successfully restore from the full backup image with this command ---

db2 restore db dbname from /DATA/backup taken at 20110501050002 logtarget /home/db2inst1/logs/ REPLACE EXISTING COMPRLIB /home/db2inst1/sqllib/lib/libdb2compr.so

But when I try to restore from an incremental, it fails... any idea why?

db2 restore db dbname incremental automatic from /DATA/backup taken at 20110602050003 logtarget /home/db2inst1/logs REPLACE EXISTING COMPRLIB /home/db2inst1/sqllib/lib/libdb2compr.so
    SQL2570N A database cannot be restored on a platform that does not match the
    platform on which the backup image was created.

Provided Answers: 1
    I suspect that, since you chose automatic restore, the subordinate restore commands may be issued with the default compression library, which may not work. Try doing a manual restore, specifying the correct library each time.

thanks! will try that out..

Quote Originally Posted by db2user24 View Post

I'm restoring backup images from one OS ( 32-bit) to another ( 64-bit)

But when I try to restore from an incremental, it fails... any idea why?

"Incremental images and images only capturing differences from the time of the previous capture (called a "delta image") cannot be restored when there is a difference in operating systems or word size (32-bit or 64-bit)."

DB2 Universal Database