Unanswered: Distribute by hash ( ) question

I will be migrating tables from a partitioned V9.1 DB2 database to a non-partitioned database running V9.7 ( both on P series machines - AIX) . The table ddl on the partitioned database has a DISTRIBUTE BY HASH ( ) line. Should this line be removed from the ddl in the non-partitioned V9.7 database? If it is not removed, can this line slow down inserts or is it just ignored. I want to know if I should bother to edit all the table ddl before moving tables to the new database. I am not the db admin, but I create and maintain tables for myself. As my question implies, I am not very DB2 savvy.

Provided Answers: 1
    Depending on what you mean by "non-partitioned" (not licensed? single-node DPF? single-node partition group for your tablespace?) DISTRIBUTE BY HASH may be invalid or spurious. I would suggest removing the clause to avoid possible confusion.

Thanks

n_i, Thanks for your reply and sorry for my misuse of the term. It’s a single partition database. But that’s all I know. I agree it seems cleaner to remove the clause.