Provided Answers: 1

Question Unanswered: Looking for SQL Quizzes to practice

Anyone know of any good websites that offer practical, hands on SQL quizzes?

I have been to plenty of sites that have standard multiple choice tests, but i am looking for ones that supply some sample tables/schema, and ask you to create certain queries.

Here is one that I found that is exactly what i am looking for: Assess a SQL Server database developer applicant's skills with this TSQL test | TechRepublic. Anyone know of any others?

these aren't exactly quizzes, but they might give you something to work on --
    there are over 600 SQL questions, with answers

so what you can do is read the question, then try to answer it yourself, before looking at the posted solution
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by r937 View Post
    these aren't exactly quizzes, but they might give you something to work on --
    there are over 600 SQL questions, with answers

so what you can do is read the question, then try to answer it yourself, before looking at the posted solution
    This is a interesting idea, but many of these are obscure problems, where I am trying to learn and quiz myself on the basics with an actual db of data that I can manipulate and debug queries.

Provided Answers: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by clawlan View Post
    ... I am trying to learn and quiz myself on the basics with an actual db of data that I can manipulate and debug queries.
    So basically you are looking for an actual database you can play with, like the one Microsoft provides, called AdventureWorks? All (most?) of their examples refer to this database.

It used to be included with SQL Server, but since the last versions (2005 and higher), you have to download it separately.
    With kind regards . . . . . SQL Server 2000/2005/2012
    Wim

Grabel's Law: 2 is not equal to 3 -- not even for very large values of 2.
    Pat Phelan's Law: 2 very definitely CAN equal 3 -- in at least two programming languages