Unanswered: database design for venue seating

Hi,

I work for a school and we have an auditorium with 550 seats. We need to book these some are downstairs and some upstairs.

All I need to capture in a database (hopefully Access) is the name, surname, contact number, email address and which seats the person will take.

How do I write a database and form that can do this for me? Secondly, I would them use Word to get that info from Access to print them tickets...

Is this possible and if so, can someone please help me...

Thanks

Provided Answers: 54
    I'll move your post from the Database Concepts & Design - dBforums forum to the Microsoft Access - dBforums forum. It should get more readers and better responses there.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Perfectly happy to mock something up as a starting point for you if you like. How are you allocating seats? Presumably you have rows and numbers? Is this for a one-off event or would you likely have multiple events?

Why would you need to export to word though? You can produce a report from within Access just as easily?
    Last edited by christyxo; 06-08-11 at 12:49.