Exclamation Unanswered: Pivot Table Report?

Hi All,

This has had me stumped for a little while now. I am designing a database with Access 2003 (I know it's older, but that's all we've got!), and I have created a Pivot Table in a Form format. I would like to create a report that would display the results of that form in a set format (report hearder, footer, etc.). I have gotten results by inserting a subreport, but I can't figure out how to manipulate the format (I would like it to look like a normal report, not a screenshot of a form). I also can't figure out how to keep the filter fields from displaying on the final report.

Ideally, I would love to have the report/form export into a pre-set Excel format, but I am probably asking to much...

Any suggestions? Please keep in mind when replying that I am self-taught, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steph

Nevermind, went to a crosstab query. Now I need help with a Dynamic Report!

This is what I do for a dynamic crosstab report. I create a set number of text boxes in the detail section of the report to match the number of columns in the report. For instance, if you have a query that always shows a rolling 10 days then put 10 text boxes in the detail section. Then in the Report Open event I loop through the fields assigning them to the text box's Control Source. If you name the text boxes sequentially (txtBox1, txtBox2, etc) it makes it real easy to loop through them.

Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction. I would post some actual code but it's all at the office.

C

Thanks! That was the way I was heading, but I ran into a snag. If you get a chance and are able to look at my thread here: http://www.dbforums.com/microsoft-ac...port-help.htmlI have attached what I have so far (DB is work in progress). The queries are Dena, Dena_Crosstab, the form is CrosstabForm and the report is MonthlyReport. All tutorials give me code for mulitple columns, but really I have 5 rows and one column with totals, and then one grand total. Can't really find any tutorials or any other forum to help me understand where I went wrong. I am self taught and staring at that much code so intensely for so long was beginning to make my eyes bleed, LOL...