Unanswered: db2 install file on linux system

Hi,
    I need to install db2 v9.1 with fp2 on linux system.

I have the fp2 file.

does the fp file contain the basic version ( like windows installation) ,
    or i should install the basic version first and after that the fp ?

Tks ,

Eli

no need to install the basic version you can directly install db2 v9.1 with fp2

redgs
    Paul

Only the Windows Versions of the Fixpacks have an Installer.
    Linux/Unix Fixpacks don't bring their own installer. You have to install RTM first.

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by nvk@vhv View Post
    Only the Windows Versions of the Fixpacks have an Installer.
    Linux/Unix Fixpacks don't bring their own installer. You have to install RTM first.
    This is not true. Linux versions come with both GUI and command line installation scripts. I don't know for sure if all of the Unix versions also have the GUI installer, however, the command line installation script is available for all of them.
    Last edited by n_i; 06-09-11 at 10:06.

My Statement is true for a specific fixpack-type. I always work with the universal fixpack, which does not bring an installer.

The Server-Fixpack brings an installer for the server version. So it depends on the Fixpack you're working with.

Provided Answers: 1
    My Statement is true for a specific fixpack-type. I always work with the universal fixpack, which does not bring an installer.
    May be you just didn't find it?
    Code:
    >bsdtar tvf c:\temp\v9.7fp4_aix64_universal_fixpack.tar.gz | grep installFix
    -r-xr-xr-x  0 bin    bin     10261 Apr 04 10:58 universal/db2/aix/install/installFixPack_exec
    -r-xr-xr-x  0 bin    bin     31445 Apr 04 10:59 universal/db2/aix/install/installFixPack
    -r-xr-xr-x  0 bin    bin      5181 Apr 04 10:59 universal/installFixPack

Universal Fixpack ships installFixPack (to install a fixpack),
    but you have to install GA first.

Server Fixpack brings
    db2setup - GUI Installer
    db2_install - Console based Installation
    installFixPack

So you can install directly from the server-fixpack and for universal-fixpack, you have to install a GA-Version first.
    Elin asked, if the GA Version needs to be installed first. Since i always work with Universal-Fixpack, i was not aware that the server-fixpack brings an Installer to bypass the GA-Installation.

If there is a way to install (not upgrade) the software using installFixPack, i don't know it.

Universal Fixpack ships installFixPack (to install a fixpack),
    but you have to install GA first.

Server Fixpack brings
    db2setup - GUI Installer
    db2_install - Console based Installation
    installFixPack

So you can install directly from the server-fixpack and for universal-fixpack, you have to install a GA-Version first.
    Elin asked, if the GA Version needs to be installed first. Since i always work with Universal-Fixpack, i was not aware that the server-fixpack brings an Installer to bypass the GA-Installation.

If there is a way to install (not upgrade) the software using installFixPack, i don't know it.
    You may be correct, but most people download the Data Server fixpack (intead of Universal fixpack), which does have the install (command line) and setup (GUI) commands.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390