Unanswered: Message Box problem when two listboxes have a row selected - can anyone help?

Hello, I have the following code in the on-click of a command button. The code is supposed to check to ensure that two listboxes (list2361 for Groups and list21 for users) each have a row selected. If they do, the insert section of code is executed.

I am having a problem with the code below, even if I select a row in both listboxes I always get the message "Please Select A User" and I cannot work out what is wrong with the code.

Can anyone help?

Code:
    user_selected = True
    group_selected = True

If IsNull(Me!List21) Then
    user_selected = False
    End If

If IsNull(Me!List2361) Then
    group_selected = False
    End If

If user_selected = False Or group_selected = False Then

If user_selected = False And group_selected = False Then MsgBox "Please Select A user And A Group!"

If user_selected = False And group_selected = True Then MsgBox "Please Select A user!"

If user_selected = True And group_selected = False Then MsgBox "Please Select A Group!"

Exit Sub
    End If

If Nz(DLookup("userID", "tblLinkuserGroups", "userID = " & Me.List21.Column(0) & " And groupID = " & List2361), 0) = 0 Then

Dim strSQL As String
    strSQL = "INSERT INTO tblLinkuserGroups (userID, groupID ) Values (" & [Forms]![visits_frm]!List21.Column(0) & ", " & [Forms]![visits_frm]!List2361.Column(0) & ");"
    DoCmd****nSQL strSQL

Me.List21.Requery
    Else
    MsgBox "Duplicate Warning! The selected user is already a member of the selected group!"
    Exit Sub
    End If
    Thankyou!
    Last edited by moss2076; 06-09-11 at 17:24.

I think I've fixed the issue by noticing that one of the listbox properties had its Multi Select option set to "extended". Setting it to "No" appears to have fixed the issue.

I think I've fixed the issue by noticing that one of the listbox properties had its Multi Select option set to "extended". Setting it to "None" appears to have fixed the issue.

Provided Answers: 19
    Glad you got it fixed! The trigger for the problem lay with your statements like

If IsNull(Me!ListboxName)

You're saying, in essence

If the Value of this Listbox is Null, then this

Variable = False

Access will always evaluate this part of the statement as True, because a Listbox set to MultiSelect doesn't have a Value! The Listbox loses its Value Property when set to MultiSelect.

Kudos for figuring it out yourself!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007