Unanswered: Using Access files on an Android phone

I just released a free (ad-supported) application that can read Microsoft Access files on an Android phone. It does Access 2000-2007 very well, and also does a good job at Access 2010.

It searches the Android's SD card (hard drive) for Access files (accdb, mdb suffix), then shows you the tables, then you can iterate through the rows in the table.

I'm planning on adding on additional functionality in subsequent versions depending on what people want. Release early, release often is our motto. We also listen to feedback, and have implemented features users have asked for.

I believe this is the first app that natively handles Access files on an Android. There is another app that does ODBC/JDBC connections to a Windows PC with Access, but I believe this is the first native one.

The web page for it is

http://market.android.com/details?id...roid.panaceadb

First update

I just released the first update for it. You can now search for a value in a column on a table. It will show you every row that has that value for that column.

Good Work

It is a great move i have been using access since long and one of the things which is preventing me from using android tablet pc is not availability of MS Access on it, thanks for the program will look forward for more updates

I've installed your program on my Motorola (Android) tablet. I'll let you know how it works.

sort columns A-Z?

Hi.
    Just downloaded this app which is pretty much exactly what I needed to view a mdb file I have that I need to access now and again.
    When I had a desktop with MS Access I would sort a column of names alphabetically. Can I do this with this app?
    If not, perhaps it is something you might consider as you develop?

Many thanks,

MJ