Unanswered: UniVerse Database

Hi All,

I want to use UniVerse database. I dont know anything about UniVerse. but I want to take some help from your side.

1. how to create table in universe database.
    2. how retrive it?
    3. how to insert records?
    4,.how to update records in existing table?
    5. how to delete a rocord from table?

I have installed UniVerse shell. can possible to work with it. if no than please provide me link I can install Univese Database and do all operation.
    Plz reply ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Hello Dibyanand,

First of all, you have made a good decision in deciding to look at UniVerse. It is a robust technology offering rapid application development and high performance due to its nested multidimensional data structures.

If you have installed the personal edition of UniVerse from the Rocket Software website, you can either use the UniVerse Shell or you can access UniVerse from your favourite terminal emulator connecting to "localhost".

Rather than answer all your questions here I will point you to a link where you should be able to find all the information you need. Then if you have further questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly for assistance or register on the UniVerse forum run by the official user group:

The U2UG website is the best place to start and the following should help you get started:

U2UG Incubator Project:

Writing your First UniVerse application

I suggest working through these to gain some basic familiarity then when you are ready for more detail you can refer to the official UniVerse documentation available on the Rocket Software website:

Technical Documentation — Rocket Software

I hope this helps, and don't hesitate to contact me directly if you need further assistance.

Kind regards

UniVerse Database

Hello GS,

Thanks for share with me a valuable information . Now I am able to perform DML operation with Universe Database and I gone through your reference document is really very interesting. I am taking knowledge ..