Unanswered: microsoft access logon

Hello all,

Can anyone assist me,
    I had a database, for my warehouse/store, it had user name and password logon.

I reformatted my laptop and put back the ms access database folder containing my store manager, the ms access is not opening with the logon again.

it just opens the ms access database.

Any solution? I cannot get the IT guy that did it for me before.

Thanks in anticipation

Provided Answers: 59
    Im guessing that there is a workgroup file that either needs restoring from a known working location, OR you need to change the password for the admin account from nothing to something

Historically Access has alwasy ran with a workgroup file on each and every installation. you can share (use the same workgroup file) between many users, you cna have a specific workgroup file with different Access applications on the same PC (However you have to start each application with a command line switch to specify the workgroup).

so either connect / link to the right workgroup file or replace the admin user account password in the current workgroup file

FWIW, becuase access workgroups are so easy to circumvent I always recommend that access applications use the network logon rather than the workgroup logon
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks

Hello Healdem,

You are right, there are five of us in the work group that uses that access database though we are not using same pc or same location.

My problem now is how to specify the command line to link to the work group.

Meanwhile I will be glad if you can give me guide on how to link to the work group using both methods you talked about.

Thanks for your assistance.

Provided Answers: 59
    ms access command line switches - Google Search

or link your copy of access to the network shared workgroup file within Access it self

or use the newrtork logon to authenicate users
    API: Get Login name
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton