Unanswered: Problem Between Access 2003 & Access 2007 Displaying Forms Correctly, Office 2007

am in the process of validating my Access 2003 database and the functionality working in the new Access 2007 environment w/o converting to 2007 - will have mixed environments for awhile.

The forms within the AK3 version work perfectly, however not in Ak7. When I open the form with the multiple subforms in AK3 if functions correctly, but for some reason when the same form/subforms open in AK7 the subform (datasheet view) will only display 1 record when it should be multiple records. When I view this subform outside of the Main form/Subform it displays the data correctly. The Query returns the correct records etc.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks,

Karen

Provided Answers: 14
    Dis you check the LinkChildFields and LinkMasterFields properties of the subform controls ?
    Have a nice day!

The following two lines are to maintain compatibility with Access 2007. Apparently, in 2007 when a recordsource is re-set, access 2007 automatically fills in the LinkChildField and LinkMasterField of the subform

Code:
    'The following two lines are to maintain compatibility with Access 2007.  Apparently, in 2007
        'when a recordsource is re-set, access 2007 automatically fills in the LinkChildField and LinkMasterField of the subform
        'If they are not needed then use the following
                If Len(Nz(Me.sub2.LinkMasterFields)) > 0 Then Me.sub2.LinkMasterFields = ""
                If Len(Nz(Me.sub2.LinkChildFields)) > 0 Then Me.sub2.LinkChildFields = ""
    'end Access 2007 comp.

Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach HiTechCoach.com (free access stuff)
    BPM/Accounting Systems/Inventory Control/CRM
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11

Thanks for the input - I found the same solution - got it from a co-worker - thanks for your time.

Provided Answers: 14
    You're welcome!
    Have a nice day!

You're welcome.

Good luck with your project.
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach HiTechCoach.com (free access stuff)
    BPM/Accounting Systems/Inventory Control/CRM
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11