Unanswered: Mysql Configuration

Hi guys, i installed MYSQL locally and configured it to accept 1000 connections at once. Will this setting still apply when i host it on an external server?

I need a high amount of connections because it will be used as a game database.

Anyone?

Need this to work...

Provided Answers: 59
    for now I'd suggest leave it at the default
    if you really really need 100+ concurrent connections then let your ISP sort out that problem. each connection requires resources and its quite psossible by setting such a critieria you are cuasing problems with your installation
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I am not really sure what you are asking? If you have numbers of connections then you should have this set to a value that represents the number of connections established to the database. However, the higher number of connections to the database the more memory will be used.

It also depends on how the application has been developed. If connections are made for quick updates then consider developing using persistent connections to the database which will reuse the connections that already exist.
    Ronan Cashell
    Certified Oracle DBA/Certified MySQL Expert (DBA & Cluster DBA)
    http://www.it-iss.com
    Follow me on Twitter

I dont really know how much i should should set it... i mean the database will be accessed a lot to get monster information, but i will use stored procedures for that and close the connection each time. Does this mean i dont need a lot of connections?

Provided Answers: 59
    are you setting up the live server or a development server
    the config can be easily enough changed after you've got it working for the first time

confiiguring a server is not fo rthe faint hearted, it depends on a lot of knowledge, the available hardware and so on.

if you need 1000+ concurrent connections then you should be able to afford to bring in expert help. for now just get the dam thing awake and complete your development work. again Id strongly reccommend you use a clean install and if possible consider using an XAMPP package, although Ive never had a problem with a MySQL binary install either
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Hehe i know 0 when it comes to databases! I mean, i know how to query them, just not set them up. In fact, i cant even get it to install and i made a thread about it here:

http://www.dbforums.com/mysql/166769...ml#post6508192