Unanswered: Directory filling up with locklist.txt and

OS - Ubuntu 10.04.02
    DB2 ver - 9.7.02
    Fix Pack - 2

Today our database locked up because the sqllib/db2dump directory was almost 27GB and took up all free space. When I looked in the directory I noticed that:

1. There were tons of locklist.txt files that were 38416KB each

2. The db2dial.log was huge (almost 9GB)

3. There was a dump.bin file that was 19GB.

So my question(s) is/are is there a way to reduce the number of locklist.txt files in the config?

I have already tar'd the log but it's already back up to 1GB within a matter of an hour so is this normal?

What is the dump.bin file and why was it so large and how to I prevent these files from swallowing up free space thus crashing the db?

-------On A Side Note---------

We have another db server identical to this one yet that one has a very small (88MB) sqllib/db2dump directory and has never had any problems.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Provided Answers: 5
    What is in the locklist.txt files?

Read the db2diag.log file for problems. This should explain the dump.bin files. If the db2diag.log file is 1 GB after an hour, then you really ought to be reading what is in it. Also check your diaglevel DBM parameter. It should be 3.

Andy

Thanks...I'll do that now. Unfortunately....I really don't know what errors there would be or how to spot them but thanks for the suggestion. Looking into now.

I checked the DIAGLEVE and it is set to 3. I tar'd the db2diag.log up and will go through it but what about the locklist.txt. Is having a lot of these normal and does the DIAGLEVEL dictate the generation of locklist.txt?

I think I found the problem. The db2diag.log was filled with errors from the SAMPLE database which had crashed a couple of days ago and was corrupted. All the errors were from this database so I dropped that database and I will monitor the log files to make sure no other db is throwing off errors.

Provided Answers: 5
    You should examine the db2diag.log file regularly. DB2 gives you a tool to easily look at it: IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX and Windows Information Center

Andy