Question Database Analysis Tools

Hello this is my first time to this forum and I am new to databases, I would greatly appreciate someones expertise on this topic.

I am in need of software tools that can provide data analysis on MySQL, MS SQL, and Oracle Databases. It needs to most importantly analyze and report on the stored procedures and the data scheme (rows and columns) integrity.

Most preferred would be a single tool for all 3 database types but if one doesn't exist than one tool for each database type will do. Commercial or free-ware, it doesn't matter. I would appreciate any tools the users here know of, I will be monitoring this thread. Thank you.

SQLSpec sounds like exactly what you need. Wonderful tool, powerful, flexible, and well supported. The "demo/test" version is free to download and use, but it both "nags" you to purchse and also puts messages in the output.

One of the DBAs that I work with and I were discussing SQL Spec this morning. We decided that SQL Spec was more important to us than underwear because we couldn't imagine working without SQL Spec!

SQL Spec only costs $149 if you decide to buy it. I'll be very surprised if you don't!

BTW, the author of SQL Spec was a moderator here at DBForums (taking a leave of absence) and still does visit here on occasion but I have no business interest in the product or the business.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Thumbs up

Thanks Pat! I will look into it. It looks like the terminology they use is 'database documentation tool.'

I still need as many suggestions as I can get so I can research them all to find the best one for our needs, please keep the suggestions coming.

i need to get an analysis tool which gives informatilon such as transaction timings also.if anyone is aware of something please inform me
    thanks in advance

There are many kinds of transaction timings. Please be more specific about what you need to know.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

dear pat, thanku for your concern
    i need a tool which records each transaction in database and their timings.like a log file.a readable log file form
    is there any tool to convert log file to readable format?
    thanks in advance
    Last edited by manuavaran; 01-03-12 at 05:36.

I don't know of any generic tool that will decode the log for many/all database engines, but there are database engine specific tools for many of them. Which database engines are you interested in monitoring? Have you considered other tools that might satisfy your business needs at much lower cost and complexity?

-PatP