Unanswered: Extracting a Value from string

Dear All,

I have a 'calculation' coulmn(datatype:test) in pr_cal table.In this coulmn a big string is stored.for eg:

Begin Calculationis <br />\n<br simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard galley Total Price including Commission at This Level: 7.6847058823529411764705882353 the leap into is simply been the industry's standard dummy text Gross Price with Surcharges : 6.14
    It Lorem Ipsum survived not only nProduct Price including Commission: 5.68627 five centuries, but also the leap into since the 1500s, when an unknown Total Price including Commission at This Level: 17.14567335 scrambled it to make a type specimen book.Total Price including Commission at This Level: 27.6847 <br />\n<br />\nEnd Quote Calculation<br />\n"

I need to extract the value next to 'Total Price Including Commision at this level: " here it be 7.684 and need to store in seperate column.

Note:This "Total Price Including Commision at this level" string may occurs many time in the text. I need to get the value next to first one.

Sorry for this example,as it need to explian bit clearly about my requirtment.Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
    SG.

Use CHARINDEX to search for the first position of "Total Price including Commission at This Level: ", then CHARINDEX to search for the first " " beyond that, then use SUBSTRING to grab the number, then CONVERT to explicitly convert it to a usable number.
    Ken

Maverick Software Design

(847) 864-3600 x2