Thread: DB2 cursor size

Question Unanswered: DB2 cursor size

How should I get the size of the cursor in DB2 -

The reason I ask this is I had a working stored procedure in my app which did not take any input parameter but had a business logic where in certain rows are selcted based on condition 1 and assigned to a cursor

For a specific testing this returns 3 rows - - This is not the exact cursor size -I am saying this based on business logic below i.e the updates

Now the change is to have a File name sent as a input and use it as condition 2 in the cursor

With this extra condition the cursor should return 2 rows only - But it still returns 3 rows - This is not the exact cursor size -I am saying this based on business logic below i.e the updates

When I give the select statement that is available in my cursor separtaely with substituted value for the conditions it executes properly returning only 2 rows

Is there any reason why my new condition is not reflecting in the cursor - The starting point for me would be to get the size of the cursor - Later I can find out if the new parameter is being passed correctly or my cursor is having issue

Pls help

Provided Answers: 5
    It is hard to tell not given the query and the data. Please supply both and what you intend the query to return.

Andy

When you say "cursor" you actually mean "table" or "result set of a query"? And with "size" you mean the "number of rows"?

It would be very helpful to see the query or the whole stored procedure.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development