Hello Experts,

I am looking for some sample code to figure out how to effectively use some of the classes in the Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlParser namespace. But to my astonishment, after googling for two entire days, couldn't find even one single sample code that shows what to do with the ParseResult instance returned by the Parse() method. MSDN and Technet both have only the definitions for these classes and methods. But not one single example of how to use them.

Here is what I am trying to do. I am trying to design an User interface (similar to the SSMS query designer) when a user can look at the query graphically (again, similar to SSMS), modify the query graphically or directly in sql text and execute it. Here is the sql for AdventureWorks View object "vEmployee" for example.

SELECT e.EmployeeID, c.Title, c.FirstName, c.MiddleName, c.LastName, c.Suffix, e.Title AS JobTitle, c.Phone, c.EmailAddress, c.EmailPromotion, a.AddressLine1, a.AddressLine2, a.City, sp.Name AS StateProvinceName, a.PostalCode, cr.Name AS CountryRegionName, c.AdditionalContactInfo
FROM HumanResources.Employee AS e INNER JOIN
Person.Contact AS c ON c.ContactID = e.ContactID INNER JOIN
HumanResources.EmployeeAddress AS ea ON e.EmployeeID = ea.EmployeeID INNER JOIN
Person.Address AS a ON ea.AddressID = a.AddressID INNER JOIN
Person.StateProvince AS sp ON sp.StateProvinceID = a.StateProvinceID INNER JOIN
Person.CountryRegion AS cr ON cr.CountryRegionCode = sp.CountryRegionCode

Using SqlParser or the DependencyTree classes in SqlServer.Management namespaces, how can I parse the tokens out of the View. I need to be able to individually identify the columns, tables, join types, aliases, where clause conditions etc. I know all these information is available as tokens somewhere in either the View object or on the Database. I was able to retrieve all the columns and the dependant table names by walking dependencytree. But I can't figure out how to extract the other items. Without all the items, I won't be able to reconstruct the sql when a user graphically modifies the query. I can really use some sample code (C#, VB.NET, doesn't matter).