change account password

Hi,

i am working with DB2 UDB version for the first time. i have been told to change password for a DB2 user. I am using this DB2 in Tivoli access manager environment and i have to do everything from the command line on a solaris platform.. please help

db2 uses OS authentication so you need to change user password from OS level.
    Ritesh Kumar Singh
    IBM Certified DB2 DBA for LUW
    **Knowledge Is Theft If Not Shared !!**

Quote Originally Posted by singhipst View Post
    db2 uses OS authentication so you need to change user password from OS level.
    how do we get it done..is there any UI for doing it..if it can be done from command line, can you please explain the same..

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by ichwaiznicht View Post
    how do we get it done..is there any UI for doing it..if it can be done from command line, can you please explain the same..

Thanks in advance
    It is a Solaris operating system command, not a DB2 command. If there is a GUI it would be a Solaris GUI. From the Solaris command line, you can try passwd. I would recommend that you contact your Solaris adminstrator if you have any further questions about this.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_A View Post
    It is a Solaris operating system command, not a DB2 command. If there is a GUI it would be a Solaris GUI. From the Solaris command line, you can try passwd. I would recommend that you contact your Solaris adminstrator if you have any further questions about this.
    Thanks for your time.

once i change the password using passwd command, dont i need to make this change reflected in all of the db2 services. besides,while changing the password using solaris command line, how DB2 will get to know that the password has been changed.
    Last edited by ichwaiznicht; 07-04-11 at 11:39.

Quote Originally Posted by ichwaiznicht View Post
    Thanks for your time.

once i change the password using passwd command, dont i need to make this change reflected in all of the db2 services. besides,while changing the password using solaris command line, how DB2 will get to know that the password has been changed.
    No, you do not need to do anything else (assuming you change it on the same server that DB2 is running on), since as noted by the above post, DB2 uses operating system authentication.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_A View Post
    No, you do not need to do anything else (assuming you change it on the same server that DB2 is running on), since as noted by the above post, DB2 uses operating system authentication.
    thanks...it was quite helpful..

DB2 will notice the change automatically the next time it needs authentication. Since DB2 relies on the operating system for that, it doesn't do any caching in this respect.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development