Unanswered: Page breaks in SSRS column charts

Hi All,

I am building a chart in reporting services 2008, and at the report level i would like to restrict number of series groups (x-axis) to 10, so that chart does not grow too big and get difficult to read.

Without changing the query that returns the rows, is there a way i can restrict number of series in the chart to 10 in each page??

As far as I know, there is no such thing as a page break in ssrs charts. You may however add multiple charts with page break after each, and add a filter to each using the RowNumber() function to filter what (in your case 10) rows are being shown in each chart. This would not require any change to your dataset.
    Ole Kristian Velstadbråten Bangås - Virinco - MSSQL.no - Facebook - Twitter

Pagebreak in charts

Ok.. this method looks interesting. Can u send me the expression which I can use in filters. The expression which I used in filters gave me an error like "Cannot use rownumber function in filters"
    Will this method gives series detail for all the series which r retrieved in the query(With each chart containing 10 series in every page)??

Strange, I'm allowed to use it here (SQL Server 2008). However, it is still not always easy, as each series is based on numerous rows. What version of SQL Server are you using?
    Last edited by roac; 07-05-11 at 03:40.
    Ole Kristian Velstadbråten Bangås - Virinco - MSSQL.no - Facebook - Twitter