2 Positions - Oracle Developer with PL/SQL with Data warehosuing concepts position in Herndon VA
Duration 6 months to hire
Duration Herndon VA
Senior Oracle developer - Herndon VA
· Senior level understanding of Oracle developer with Data Warehousing ), designs, and usage of data warehouses and data marts.
· Solid knowledge of data warehousing concepts is a must (Dimensional Modeling, Star Schema, Snowflaking, Normalization, Indexing Strategies, OLAP, FACT & Dimension tables, Physical & Logical Data Modeling, SCD, CDC including real-time data etc)
· Strong knowledge and database experience using Oracle 11g/10g (e.g. SQL, PL/SQL, Data Pump, SQL*Loader, Stored Procedures, Cursors, Constraints, Triggers, Indexes, Materialized Views, Partitions, Bulk Loading, Performance Tuning etc.)
· · Hands-on experience with software development of large scale applications that Extract, Transform and Load data (ETL) from multiple systems – you should know how to do this without tools like Ab Initio, Data Stage, and Oracle Warehouse Builder (etc.)
· Be able to development source-to-target mapping design specifications, data dictionaries, and perform reviews of database schemas.
· Ability to work independently in short time frames.
· Strong effective communication skills necessary to interface with all levels of internal and external customers and staff.
· Experience with transmitting and receiving files via FTP and SFTP
· Experience creating and maintaining hierarchies.
· Ability to break large challenges down to manageable chunks of work.
Ability to identify and resolve performance issues.
Software Skills Required
· Proficient with Oracle 10g/11g running on LINUX.