I have positions with Professional Services organizations assigned to an Army project located in Crystal City, Virginia. I am ONLY interested in speaking with individuals and NOT with company's (e.g. Corp-to-Corp). The hiring company specializes in data integration, federation and virtualization. The software performs integration on a number of data sources; packaged apps, RDBMS, flat files, Data Warehouses, Web Services. All of this data is staged via a predefined layer so that it is accessible to users and on a near real-time basis. The cost of this federation and the speed to market are significantly decreased which makes this solution very appealing to organizations who need to access large quantities of data in order to make decisions. This position is a traveling position and could have as much as 70% of travel (although unlikely). Still, any candidate should be aware that heavy travel will come with this position. But for the length of this project (which is long-term), there will be very little travel (if any).

Federal Professional Services position
* Compensation: BoM (Based on Merit)
* This position is very hands-on
* Candidates should be very strong in the following areas:
- Core Java: <-- Preferred
- J2EE: <-- Preferred
- Web Services <-- Important
- Database / SQL Optimization: <--Very important
- Data Federation: <-- Nice to have
- Data Warehouse: <-- Nice to have
- Soft Skills / Customer Facing: <-- Important
- Comfortable with developer-level OS functions:
- Experience in trusted advisor and architect roles as either a consultant/contractor or as an internal employee:

- Willingness/ability to accommodate a highly variable travel schedule:

In order to assess fit, sometimes it's easier to explain to you what the product does and how it does it rather than just talking about general technical requirements. I have attempted to do this below:

The server puts a SQL front end on basically any structured or semi-structured source. It allows you to create "views" across these sources as if the data resided in a single source. It doesn't store data, only metadata (data about the information you want to model with - DB Table/Stored Procs, XML files, Web Services, ERP Apps, Mainframe, etc). In the GUI, you can drag-and-drop, write SQL, or write procedural queries (PL/SQL - like) to create your view. Once you create your view, you need to optimize it. The software allows optimizations just as DBs do so the same principals apply. Once optimized, it is published as either a DB (ODBC/JDBC) or a Web Service (SOAP). From here, a standard client can query this view. In the case of ODBC/JDBC, the client submits SQL, the software engine takes this SQL and the view definition and creates a federated query plan - a unique plan for each data source, leveraging each source's unique capabilities. The results are brought back, operated on in the software layer, and streamed back to the client.

Garry, if you are not interested in this position...can you refer me to a person who might be? I would be glad to pay you for a referral fee if they get hired.Please let me know if you are interested in hearing more about it.