Unanswered: Sending Emails from Outlook (Outlook Warning Message)

hi,

In the past I've used access to send bulk emails out containing information specific to the records within my database.

I've never had a problem with it but recently I've started to get the following error message after it sends 6 messages.

" A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? "

This is a little annoying since I've just sent 366 emails out and had to confirm 61 times that I wanted to allow this.

Does anyone have any idea why this has suddenly started happening when it hasn't before, or a way around it? Warnings are set to FALSE.

I'm using Access 2007 with a 2000 file format, and Outlook 2003

I'd suspect you've recently upgraded to a new version of one of your virus programs. Many are now monitoring for bot programs that send out emails without your knowledge. If so I'd go into that program's controls and turn that check off temporarily, and then turn it back on after you're done. It might also be an update to Outlook itself.
    PT
    PGT

Nothing has changed but I think I have found the reason. In the past I had a list box showing various records that met specific criteria. I sent an email from this form, to each record in this list one-by-one. After each email, I then ran an update SQL on that particular record, so the record now longer met the criteria, and refreshed the table before moving to the 2nd record (which now happened to be the first record in the table).

In this instance, I skipped the whole update, and refresh and just moved from one record to the next sending emails.

I think the emails were being generated too quickly for Outlook to accept that they were genuine.

I put the update and refresh back in which creates a short delay between emails and this seem to work fine.

Slow and steady wins the race I guess.

Glad you got it working. The message still sounds like one I get from my virus program when anything sends out eMails without my doing it directly from Outlook.

On a related subject - I've been planning on adding eMails to one of my Access database pgms. Since I'm writing it for generic use by many people in the organization, I thought it best to use CDO rather than the Outlook send function of Access. What are you using? I'd be interested in any modules you've developed. I have 3 types of messages planned.
    1. A bulk eMail boilerplate message to everyone that meets a query criteria.
    2. A bulk eMail message as in 1, but with text based on their individual data.
    3. A single eMail message to one individual with text based on their individual data.
    Thanx for any help.
    Pete
    PGT

I generally just use the 2nd and 3rd varient of what you recorded - all records providing in a drop down list on a form. In most cases I've got a specific need to send these out and it's often based on an expiry date. What I always prefer to do if it's based on a expiry date is to add another field to the table for a RemindedOn date.

The criteria would generally be where x = y and where the RemindedOn date < now()+21

This means that when I can run bulk actions and be sure that I don't remind the same person more than once in 21 days

Then I run the sendobject in a loop issueing a hardcoded email but including some data that's displayed in the list. As I mentioned, the loop then runs an update and refresh and moves to the second email.

I've also got options to send an individual email based on a row I select in the list.

I'll drop an example off tomorrow but don't have access to it at the moment.

I've left it all pretty generic so I can just rip the form out of whatever database I'm using and paste it into another, then tweak the criteria for the drop down list without having massive impact on my email.

I don't know how to use the template documents.

Hi,

Here is the form which is the basis for the emails that I send out. It's set to send the emails automatically.

Christy
    Attached Files Attached Files