Unanswered: Adding New Data Fields

I am having some trouble. I am building a database which is meant to keep track of inventory. I would like to have drug name, quantity, balance on hand, and discrepancy repeatedly shown on a month-by-month basis. My thought is to do it as described below:
    June 2011 July 2011
    Drug Name Quantity Balance on Hand Disrepancy Quantity Balance on Hand Disrepancy
    Gabapentin 7 13 0 5 18 0

I don't have any problem when entering the field name or the data, but I have no idea how to separate it by month. I can't enter an additional row, that is just blank, that allows me to edit. I can't even group the columns. Is there a way to accomplish what I am trying to do? Is a table the best way to enter this data? Do I need to use a form or something else? I would certainly appreciate the help.

Thanks

Provided Answers: 14
    You should never enter data directly into a table. Tables are for storing data and you use a form to manipulate the data stored in a table.

Can you explain what you mean by:
    I can't enter an additional row, that is just blank, that allows me to edit. I can't even group the columns.
    , this is not clear to me?
    Have a nice day!

My goal is to identify one set of "Quantity, Balance on Hand, Discrepancy" columns as a group and label it as June 2011 and then have a second set of "Quantity, Balance on Hand, Discrepancy" columns and label it as July 2011 and keep repeating this for every month. I have yet to find a way to do this. I have a form which allows me to enter quantity, balance on hand, and discrepancy, but how to I store it in a table in such a way that it is on a monthly basis?

Provided Answers: 19
    You're not describing a relational database here, you're describing a spreadsheet!

'Columns' in Access are Fields. You'll need one Column/Field apiece for Quantity, Balance on Hand, and Discrepancy. Each month will have its own Row/Record, going from left-to-right. Once this is done you'll be able to manipulate your data by month or in any other fashion that you need.

Like Sinndho, I'm confused as to what the part he quoted means.

I would kindly suggest that you really need to get a basic book and spend a few hours learning the ABC's of Access before attempting such a project.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007