Question Unanswered: export form to excel file

Hi Guys,

I am developing an Access application that requires user signature before accepting input to the tables.

What happens is: when a client comes in and place a (share trading) order, I will open an Access form, and fill in client’s details (in main form) and details of a number of transactions orders ( in sub form). Before saving these inputs to the tables, I wish to press a button to “export” or write them into specific cells in an Excel file (in a format I've already created), then print it out for client to sign.

I am pretty familiar with VBA in Excel but totally clueless in Access. Any help with this is much appreciated !

Cheers,
    TeeDee

Link to the Excel spreadsheet in Access (see DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet in the Access help file for details). When you hit the final approval button, have VBA open the linked file and add the record into it.

Make sure the Excel file is closed before hitting the approval button in the Access form. The Excel file sometimes gets screwed up when that happens.

This assumes that you're using a different table for the RecordSource of the Access form (that's how I understand your description). If that isn't the case, you can use the linked table as the RecordSource.

Sam

Thanks Sam ! It works !

Great! I'm happy for you.

You're welcome,

Sam