Unanswered: Query Windows db2 from Linux

Hi,

I need to establish a connection to a db2 Database from Linux for nagios. Since all our DB2 Admin are using Windows, I have to somehow find out how to do it with Linux.

Can some advise a free connection tool for DB2 and Linux. I just need to query a db2 database. There does not seem to be a free tool. Is there? it would be great, if you could help me out with some basics to get me started.

Provided Answers: 5
    IBM gives you a free tool. It is called the DB2 Data Server Client. Just download the linux version.

Andy

But it does not seem to be free. IBM talks about evalution or free trial. I will talk to the db2 admin tomorrow (EU time) to see if it is included in our license (probably is). Or mayby I am to blind to see the free link.

Alternatively, I am trying to find a way using Perl and an appropiate library. That is more like the direction I was thinking of.

But thanks for now. I shall report.

What I suggested is the DB2 "CLIENT" software. It is always free. It is the server software that costs money.

Andy

It also comes with perl examples.

Andy

Ups, thanks. I just had to make sure I don't get in any license problems. Stupid marketing questions.