CareerBuilder: Oracle DBA Needed in MD
My name is Penny Klein and I am a Recruiter with DSU Staffing, a nationwide staffing firm. We currently have a contract need for a Oracle DBA for a contract to hire assignment in St Mary’s County, Maryland. If interested please answer the questions below and forward your resume attached as a word document to pklein@diversitysources.com. Feel free to share this opportunity with other qualified candidates.

Description/Requirements:
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Performs routine to complex database administrative tasks (tuning, etc) using Oracle 11g in a Windows/Sun Solaris clustered environment.
• Performs software installs, maintenance and new systems analysis of current Oracle and program-specific data base systems and data control. This includes software upgrades, applying software patches, and compliance with DISA database STIGS.
• Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases. Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
• Maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management and monitors transaction activity and utilization.
• Responsibilities include database loading; development and management of operational procedures; environment management; database health (e.g. monitoring, proactive and reactive responses); resource planning; database upgrade planning; backup and recovery strategy planning and implementation; environment transition planning (development, test, stage, production).
Minimum Qualifications:
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• High school diploma plus 11 years relevant experience.
• Minimum of 5 years Oracle DBA experience including significant Oracle 11g DBA experience in a Windows/Unix environment
• Knowledge of the systems development lifecycle, application development methodology, and enterprise architecture principles.
• Experience implementing DISA database STIGS on Oracle databases.
• Experience with database management tools such as Enterprise Manager, TOAD, etc.
• Ability to work independently, manage tasks to timely completion and appropriately escalate issues.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance with SSBI (interim required to start).
Additional Requirements: Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.

For consideration please provide me with information on the following:
v Specify your authorization to work in the U.S. (Citizen, GC, Visa)
v Your salary requirements? What is your hourly contract W2 rate?
v Are you interviewing with other companies in the area (so that you are not submitted for the same opportunity multiple times)
v Do I have your permission to submit you for opportunities that I contact you about?

Regards,

Penny Klein
Recruiter
DSU Incorporated
M/WBE Nationwide Staffing Firm
3117 Poplarwood Ct. Raleigh, NC 27604
(919) 834-0800 ext. 211