Need a Ghostscript alternative

I need a Ghostscript alternative that does not choke on unrecognized fonts
    Last edited by Thrasymachus; 07-12-11 at 14:17.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

What version are you using, and what conversion are you trying to do?

9.02 32bit. PDF to PNG conversion. Warning: Can't process filestream, loading by font name Error: undefined in findresource.

I have read the whole bit about defining new font definitions, but that seems like a major hassle every time I run into one that is missing.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Have you tried doing an intermediate conversion from pdf to ps. I have to use 8.62 because it is the last version that SCO compiled, and in some cases we have problems with eps inserts. What we end up doing is opening the pdf file in acrobat reader, and printing it to file to a HP color laser postscript device, and then converting the postscript back to pdf using ghostscript. I am not enough of a MS person to know if that can be scripted or not.

Jeez I have millions and millions of these things. I guess I can look into going to postscript first, but I am going to have to automate that. Thanks.

Maybe use the 80/20 rule, and redirect the failures to some other queue. Take one of the failures, and see if you can complete the conversion by creating intermediate output. Postscript files are huge compared to pdf by the way.