Unanswered: Report - field colors???

Hello. I have a report that has a status field that is either R, Y, or G. R = RED, Y = YELLOW, and G = GREEN. On the data entry form I am using check boxes to select the status for each. When we are reporting this to upper mgmnt they have a very specific format they want to see this in. What they want is for each cell in the R/Y/G column to contain the appropriate letter (R,Y,G) AND they also want the cell to be the corresponding color. So if the cell value is R then the report should show a red box with a black 'R'. Is there a way to format the report to change the background color for this one particular field based on the value (R,Y,G)? Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 59
    look at conditional formatting
    the issues is going to be getting the RYG values into the datastream / report
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thansk! How would you suggest getting the R, Y, G into the data stream?

Provided Answers: 59
    how do you know what should result in R Y G or nothing? once you have established that it should be easy enough to setup

you can either build that into the underlying query (which is probably smarter as changes to those settings requires a change of the query

or your can build them into the report, say setting the value according to whatever rating scheme you have designed. that setting should take place in the detail on format event.

another option to consider is instead of using conditional formatting use some code within the reports on detail format event to set what ever colours you like (meaning you are not limited to the 4 settigns that conditional formatting allows you.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton