Question Unanswered: Need help with listboxes

I'm building an Access 2007 DB for work, a very simple one, but I haven't used access since 2000 (its safe to say I'm very rusty). The DB will store employee resume info i.e. name, school, degree, grad year, and skills. I have the skills options listed in a listbox and want to create a button/command to move the skills to another skills box (such as select and individual skill or select all). I'm unfamilar with code and/or macros so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a solution for transfering combobox to list. This however, doesn't prevent duplicates and I'm still trying to find a solution.

Private Sub btnAddSkill_Click()
    lstSkills.AddItem Item:=Me.cboSkill1.Value
    End Sub

Here's a neat link that might help.
    Amazing things you can do with the Listbox control | Visual Basic 6 (VB6)

cool

Quote Originally Posted by tkepongo View Post
    I have a solution for transfering combobox to list. This however, doesn't prevent duplicates and I'm still trying to find a solution.

Private Sub btnAddSkill_Click()
    lstSkills.AddItem Item:=Me.cboSkill1.Value
    End Sub

Here's a neat link that might help.
    Amazing things you can do with the Listbox control | Visual Basic 6 (VB6)
    Thanks. I'll try that code and also look at the link you sent. Appreciate your reply on this.

Provided Answers: 14
    You can always check the existing values before adding a new one but the could be a little slow. Personally I would have the values stored into a table that would be the list Recordsource and have a Unique index defined into that table. For adding a value into the list I would add the value into the table, then requery the list.
    Have a nice day!

thanks

I'll definitely try that as well if the first suggestion doesn't work. I appreciate your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndho View Post
    You can always check the existing values before adding a new one but the could be a little slow. Personally I would have the values stored into a table that would be the list Recordsource and have a Unique index defined into that table. For adding a value into the list I would add the value into the table, then requery the list.
    How would I do this exactly? Again I'm very noobish when it comes to building DB's, same with Access.

Try this

Code:
    lstAuditors.AddItem Me.cboAuditors.Column(0) & ";" & Me.cboAuditors.Column(1)
    Dim item As Variant
        For i = 0 To lstAuditors.ListCount - 1
            item = lstAuditors.ItemData(i)
            For j = i + 1 To lstAuditors.ListCount - 1
                If item = lstAuditors.ItemData(j) Then
                    lstAuditors.RemoveItem j
                    MsgBox "Error: Cannot Add Duplicate Auditor"
                    Exit For
                End If
            Next
        Next