Unanswered: Criteria based on calculated fields

I have a list of numbers that i would like to filter through based on criteria that they fall within the range of
    "Between (Average DAP + Std Dev) AND (Average DAP - Std Dev)" and likewise another for
    "Between (Average DAP + (2*Std Dev)) AND (Average DAP -(2*Std Dev))".

"Average DAP" and "Std Dev" are both calculated fields of a query. So far i have tried to implement their use within the same query as criteria to display data and from another query as criteria and keep getting error messages. I experimented with square brackets as well, but as you know that only asks the user to enter the value. Am i specifying the criteria wrong? And how can i go about implementing this criteria?

What is your current query?

Quote Originally Posted by christyxo View Post
    What is your current query?
    This is the SQL for the query where the value is calculated:

SELECT SortVerData.Hospital, SortVerData.Room, SortVerData.Examination, SortVerData.[Patient Size], Count(SortVerData.[DAP (cGy cm2)]) AS [Total # of Patients], Min(SortVerData.[DAP (cGy cm2)]) AS [Minimum DAP], Max(SortVerData.[DAP (cGy cm2)]) AS [Maximum DAP], Avg(SortVerData.[DAP (Gy cm2)]) AS [Average DAP], StDev(SortVerData.[DAP (cGy cm2)]) AS [Std Dev of DAP], ([Std Dev of DAP]/Sqr([Total # of Patients]))*2 AS [2 x SEM]
    FROM SortVerData
    GROUP BY SortVerData.Hospital, SortVerData.Room, SortVerData.Examination, SortVerData.[Patient Size]
    ORDER BY SortVerData.Hospital, SortVerData.Room, SortVerData.Examination;

I'd like to add the criteria here to use values only within the range mentioned before or in another query which calls on this RESULT query.
    Last edited by clownyj; 07-19-11 at 12:50.