Unanswered: Small but Irritating Problem Access 2010

My databases have large numbers of queries and reports. I have them now in Access 2010. When I want to open a query, for example, I click on the Query tab to open my list of queries. If I scroll down to find mine, when I stop scrolling, the list "bounces" up so I can't see the query I want and must do it again and sometimes again to finally get down to where the query I want is. Then I can click on it to open it. In the Access 2003 version this didn't happen. It just scrolled down normally. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Look at "DemoRunQueryA2000.mdb" (attachment, zip).
    You don't need to click on Query tab, do it via Form,
    (and command button).
    Look at Table1, Query1, Form2 (VBA).
    Open Form2 and try.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Question MS Access bouncing scrolling

Quote Originally Posted by stephenhaas View Post
    My databases have large numbers of queries and reports. I have them now in Access 2010. When I want to open a query, for example, I click on the Query tab to open my list of queries. If I scroll down to find mine, when I stop scrolling, the list "bounces" up so I can't see the query I want and must do it again and sometimes again to finally get down to where the query I want is. Then I can click on it to open it. In the Access 2003 version this didn't happen. It just scrolled down normally. Is there a way to stop this from happening?
    I see the same problem, but others in my office who have the same version of the software do not. Therefore, it seems likely that there is a setting that would stop it from doing this. I have not found the setting. Has anyone else found it?

I can't see the Zip that MStef-ZG has attached, but if you have a persistent problem, you could create a single form with combo boxes displaying all your tables/ queries/ tables, and use a command button to open them.

And just make that form load on startup.

MS Access bouncing scrolling

That is not a solution. That is a way to work around the problem. Others do not see this problem, so there must be a way to turn it off.

Try this fix for "bouncing" navigation bar in Access 2010

I had the same problem -- the Access 2010 navigation bar info would "BOUNCE" and it drove me crazy. I discovered the fix by accident. Try this & see if it works for you. I'm using Windows 7 and had set my display fonts at 125% to accomodate my oh-so-tired eyes. I changed it to 100% instead by going to control panel -- appearance and personalize -- display. It requires a reboot and then -- voila! No more "bounce" in Access!

Hope it works for you!

Jumpy scroll

Switching the view from 125% to 100% stopped the scrolling from bouncing. Thank you. Of course I now need a new solution for the small print and my poor eyes. I wonder if Microsoft might fix this problem some time in the future.

Yes...Access is a small and annoying problem
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Small print? Poor eyes?

westc said: "now need a new solution for the small print and my poor eyes."

I've got the solution for that, too! BIG MONITOR. I picked up an HP 2710, 27" monitor and LIFE IS GOOD!