Unanswered: restore IBM OnDemand Content Manager database

need to move IBM OnDemand Content Manager off old hardware to new.
    server 1 current environment: Using DB2 v9.5.0.808. I ran BACKUP DATABASE ARCHIVE TO C:\backup. Copied backup file to server 2. Stopped all ondemand services. restore database ARCHIVE from "C:\backup" taken at 20110429163152 without rolling forward. The RESTORE DATABASE command completed successfully. However I can no longer start up the ondemand services? I'm sure I'm missing some steps. Thanks for any help

Hmm, not the right forum I'm afraid. Try this: IBM Support Portal:Overview

Provided Answers: 11
    as indicated on entry 1 : without rolling forward.. was specified

have a look : ROLLFORWARD DATABASE
    or try to connect to db and you will see the msg indicating the db is in rollforward pending state
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Provided Answers: 1
    WITHOUT ROLLING FORWARD means that the database will NOT be placed in the rollforward pending mode.

Provided Answers: 11
    for the last entry : n_i : I presume if it was an offline backup
    otherwise : according the doc :
    If, following a successful restore operation, the database is in rollforward pending state, the ROLLFORWARD command must be invoked before the database can be used again.
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Provided Answers: 1
    You won't be able to restore an offline backup with the option WITHOUT ROLLING FORWARD. In other words, if this option is specified, there are two possible outcomes:
    - restore of an offline backup succeeds, and the database is not placed in the ROLLFORWARD PENDING mode. Rollforward is not needed or possible.
    - restore of an online backup fails.

Quote Originally Posted by n_i View Post
    You won't be able to restore an offline backup with the option WITHOUT ROLLING FORWARD.
    I think you meant online.