Unanswered: Make a texbox display text on report

Whenever I type in text, it comes up with: "#Name?"

Provided Answers: 1
    Receiving "#name" means access can't recognize the field or control reference you gave it. You can replicate this behavior in a report by trying to reference a field name that doesn't exist in the query or table the report is based on.

Most likely reasons for being unable to resolve a textbox reference include bad control reference syntax, and/or the form referenced is already closed. If you used open arguments, check the argument name and syntax.

Also, I deleted an earlier post due to inappropriate tone, I'm sure you know which one it was. Now you're beginning to establish a trend of creating multiple threads around roughly the same issue. Please stop doing that. It makes it more difficult to help you.
    Last edited by Teddy; 07-21-11 at 01:16.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Receiving "#name" means access can't recognize the field or control reference you gave it. You can replicate this behavior in a report by trying to reference a field name that doesn't exist in the query or table the report is based on.

Most likely reasons for being unable to resolve a textbox reference include bad control reference syntax, and/or the form referenced is already closed. If you used open arguments, check the argument name and syntax.

Also, I deleted an earlier post due to inappropriate tone, I'm sure you know which one it was. Now you're beginning to establish a trend of creating multiple threads around roughly the same issue. Please stop doing that. It makes it more difficult to help you.
    And you didnt even give a solution

Provided Answers: 1
    The solution is to properly reference the parameter/textbox/field/what-have-you that you want to show up in your report.

I gave as much as I can without knowing more. I can tell you what it means when you see "#name" and possible places to look. Since I'm not sitting in front of your computer and you haven't provided any detail, I can't tell you which of those possibilities is most likely.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    The solution is to properly reference the parameter/textbox/field/what-have-you that you want to show up in your report.

I gave as much as I can without knowing more. I can tell you what it means when you see "#name" and possible places to look. Since I'm not sitting in front of your computer and you haven't provided any detail, I can't tell you which of those possibilities is most likely.
    I just used a label instead, that was easy