Unanswered: Session Variable Problem

Hey Guys,

please excuse my english

I am working with Informix DB together with 4gl Programs(since one year). I need to set some environment or session Variable. I dont know if it is even possible. I have a Shellmask where Users can choose some Printers.

After that i need to know which Printer was choosen by the user to act in the 4gl Program. For that i want to set a variable for example print_copy=1 or something.

I can start the Shellmask without the 4gl Programm an the Variable is set well. When i start the Shellmask on the Program the Variable is null. I think the Problem may be that the variable is only available when the Mask is started on the shell.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Are you retriving the variable to the 4GL program?
    You can set it on the shell but then you must retrive and use on the program...
    LS

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Santos View Post
    Hi,

Are you retriving the variable to the 4GL program?
    You can set it on the shell but then you must retrive and use on the program...
    Thanks for reply. At first i could not retrieve the variable. Then i tought again (sometimes not bad ) and declared the variable in the .profile data. After that i could retrieve the variable in the program.

The Problem was i was thinking you could set a variable without setting it in the profile or somewhere else. But it seems not to go as environment variable.

Now the program works properly