Unanswered: Access 2007 autoactivate

Recently I upgraded to Access2007. I have quite a few databases written in 2003 and for the most part they now work pretty well. My main form has several subforms where the data changes with a list box. The charts on the main form change ok but when I launch subforms from the main form
    charts have to be clicked on to display. I had no such trouble in Access 2003
    After much searching I located the autoactivate property. It seems microsoft say fit to add this property for ole objects and limit them to double click, setfocus and manual.
    Is there any way to turn this off? Is there a work around to return the charts
    to pre access 2007 where they change when the list box entry is changed without clicking on them?

I'm running Access 2007 and win 7 64 bit.

Could you not use a script on the main form with OnChange or AfterUpdate that is set to someObject_DblClick, then code for the 'someObject' to set the focus back where it was originally?

Bit of a messy 'hack', but as I don't use access 2007, I'm not really sure what the problem is.