Unanswered: Main Menu / Switchboard problem

I have inherited a database where the main menu was a standard Access switchboard.

Having built a database from scratch in Access and used a form as my main menu because you can get many more options and buttons on it, I decided to edit the inherited database and employ the same method.

However, after initially working fine, problems started to occur with the inherited database and my new form style main menu stopped working, so I reverted to the switchboard again.

I have today decided to re-introduce my main menu and thought the problems lie with the original switchboard, so deleted it.

Now, when you open the database, the main menu refuses to work at all, triggering 'an error' message when in 'user' mode. Opening the form in edit mode seems ok, but as I am setting it up for others to use besides me, it needs to be seemless.

Any ideas on what I have done wrong and how I can correct it.

Inicidentally, the db I built from scratch, which never had switchboard involved is working fine on a daily basis.

What is the error message?
    Regards
    JD

Software-Matters

Yeah, we need to know what the message says.

I've had similar things before when having dodgy mouseMove events setup for the form, so whenever the mouse would move, it would give an error.

Check that you're not trying to start with a focus set on a disabled/hidden element, etc. There really are too many possibilities to help with without more details.

Yeah sorry - more info.

It basically says that Access has encountered a problem and needs to close.

It then gives me an option to repair and restart the Database and also to report the error to Microsoft.

Just a thought - could it be that the original database, switchboard et al was created a good ten years plus ago, probably '95 and I'm editing it in Access 2010?

Trouble now is that I've deleted the original switchboard and cannot find a way to put one back on - any suggestions on this please?

Cheers for all your help guys

Provided Answers: 59
    if you've removed thge original switchboard that could be the problem.
    check if there is an on auto form specified
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

OK

So I have dispensed with the home made switchboard as the database just wasn't having it.

I went to the Switchboard manager and created a new one - however - I just can't get to it!!

It has created a table called 'Switchboard Items', but that is all.

How do I turn all the info from the Switchboard Manager in a form style switchboard?

Many thanks