Unanswered: Text boxes on a form

Appreciate help... I have a form that due to several years of data has 740 text boxes on it that I need to save and retrieve data to/from. I cannot open it without it crashing. If I eliminate one section of approximately 130 text boxes everything works fine. Is there a way to include all 740 without it crashing? I had a graph on the page; I eliminated it, but it still crashes. Would very much appreciate help.
    Thanks
    Jack Kent

Provided Answers: 59
    eeek 740 controls?
    Accesss / JET Queries used to ahve a limit of around 250 items or so, so at 740+ you are going to have problems (assuming that limit is still there).

So I'm not surprised you've got problems

I have just the tiniest, sneaking suspsicion that your design may be flawed...
    unless other people have got better ideas my suggestions would be to work on the physical design of the db.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Text Boxes on a Form

Thanks... Appreciate your response. Hmmmmm, you gave me some food for thought. In some cases I do have duplicate data only because I work in several years at a time. Perhaps I can save directly to a subsequent year instead of saving the same data in two places.
    Again, thanks.
    Jack Kent

I can't think of a reason why you'd require that many inputs, but my suggestion would be to have more than one form, when you fill in all the details on one (lets say 250 boxes), submit the data to the table, and on clicking the submit button, close the current form and open the continuation.

Rinse and repeat...

Seriously though, 100+ inputs is a lot IMO.

Provided Answers: 59
    Quote Originally Posted by jackkent View Post
    Thanks... Appreciate your response. Hmmmmm, you gave me some food for thought. In some cases I do have duplicate data only because I work in several years at a time. Perhaps I can save directly to a subsequent year instead of saving the same data in two places.
    Again, thanks.
    Jack Kent
    proof if proof were needed, your design needs reworking
    avoid duplication of data at all costs, the only valid reason in my mind for breakign that rule is either legal (IE someone somehwere demands it) or performance reasons (not storing it costs a lot if and when you need to generate it from another source

Seriously lets talk about your design before you go any further.

youy current design is U suspect going to bite you big time in the near future
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton