Unanswered: MS Access Database Help

Hi,

I am just looking for some general help/ideas, and some assistance on whether or not the following is possible.

I know someone who runs a boxing club/youth centre, and want to create an electronic database. I know how to do the basic database on MS Access of each member and their details etc.

However, on each day a person has to sign in on a sheet, and want to try and make this electronic, so a person sitting at reception can simply enter the person's name to log they are attending that session. I'm sure there is a way of this by linking spreadsheet etc.

Any help on designs/how to do/other software- ANYTHING at all, would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    DP.

Provided Answers: 1
    Do you want to do something other than record attendance? I'd just use a spreadsheet if the only question I wanted it to be able to answer is who attended what sessions. It's just a sign in sheet...
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

I'd have to agree with Teddy.

All you're looking for is a signing in sheet. Unless the signing in data needs to be manipulated in comparison with lots of other data, a database is just going to be a big waste of time...