Unanswered: Query related to bcp command

Hello all,

I am using this command to load data from a csv file into table
    bcp %DBNAME%.%DB_USER%.tablename format nul -c -t ";" -f employee1.fmt -T -S %DBSERVR%

now consider a csv file with 10000 records used for import i want to order the data in the csv file in such a way that the records are inserted first such that can i put some constrains that first 100 records will be loaded and then next hundred records. can this be done using bcp

another way the order of data in the csv file is constant and i want the table should have the same sequence of the data rows as in the csv file can this be done using bcp ?

Basically what i want to perform is suppose a data file contains 1000 records and want to load first 200 records and process them cause next records depends on this 200 records.
    Is there a way to keep the data order as it is of the csv file ?

Provided Answers: 11
    I don't think you can do incremental loads with BCP. You may have to write your own utility to do that, I think. Also, i think the -c and -f options for bcp are mutually exclusive.

Provided Answers: 11
    OK, I am apparently wrong. You need to look into the -F and -L (case sensitive) options for bcp.

Thanks Mcrowley

any reference web links which can give me some idea as to how to use this options.

Thanks

Ole Kristian Velstadbråten Bangås - Virinco - MSSQL.no - Facebook - Twitter