Unanswered: DB2 replication from v7 to v8

Hi gurus,

I know this has been asked couple of times in this forum but I just wanted to know if anyone has successfully implemented this?

I am trying to set up replication from db2 v7.2 to v8.2. I could manage to start the capture and apply on respective servers but it doesnt seem to be replicating the changes across.
    I have tried running capture and apply on the same version but still it didnt work.

Please advice. Thanks in anticipation.

Ajay

So, you started capture successfully?
    And you started apply successfully?

Are there any logs that these processes generate?
    What do they say?
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

they just say capture started successfully and same with apply.
    When I did a instance stop and then started apply it started complaining about the database not connectable.
    So i believe capture and apply are running fine.
    one thing I checked that whatever changed I am updating in the source table is not even going to CD tables and no information about the capture process in the control tables.

Provided Answers: 11
    if capture is not capturing it is waiting for the capstart setting
    this is done by apply after initial refresh.. check apply status file or appy trailtable keeping the info about process..
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be