Unanswered: Problems with swedish/icelandic/german characers from database
I added this post in the php section as well, dont know which is the best....
I am not very experienced with databaseprogramming but I have made a simple database for a android application and it wont work properly.
When I am gonna test my database from index.php I have a table called NEWS, it contains the int ID, text ARTIKELTEXT and text RUBRIK columns.
If I try Select * from NEWS the result from ID and ARTIKELTEXT will work fine but the result from RUBRIK which contains both swedish and icelandic characters the result gets "null".
If anyone now how to make it work I would be very thankful.
In my database the textcolums are latin1_general_ci
When I save my index.php file in Notes the code is ANSI
In my android application I have iso-8859-1 in BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(is,"iso-8859-1"),;"
you need to change your column character set to utf8 for storing unicode character in database.
i have face that type of problem when i am creating application with unicode support .i change my table column character set to utf8 to store unicode character,also i have chage in web.config file and add characterset="utf8" in connectionstring.