Unanswered: How to copy a file from client to a server in oracle forms

Hi ... I have a simple question and i found no answer for my case ... i have an excel file on client machine and i want to copy it to database server (not to table in database but to its drive C:\)using oracle forms ...
    -i found webutil library but i didn't find a function for my case although there are several functions to transfer like : as_to_client, client_to_as ...
    -also i found DBMS_FILE_TRANSFER package but unfortunately it's suitable for transferring files between two directories in the same database server.
    and thank u for ur help
    Last edited by rallush; 07-23-11 at 19:58.

Provided Answers: 4
    See this OTN Forms forum discussion. Maybe you'll find it useful.

Sorry, but there's no answer for my question ... the previous discussion is similar to the case i mentiond above (CLIENT_TO_AS), but not (client to database server) ... any useful sugesstions ?

Provided Answers: 4
    Yes, but only if you read the whole discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Degrelle
    Quote Originally Posted by someone else
    "...I think it is much easier to use the webutil file_transfer package
    to copy files from the client to the database server..."
    Sorry if I did not follow the entire post, but it is a fact that you won't, never, send anything to the database server with Webutil with transfert function. You can send a file to the A.S. machine or inside a database BLOB column, but not directly to the machine that hosts the database.
    For that purpose, you have to store the file in the database, then use the UTL_FILE to output the file to a database server machine disk.

Francois
    Besides, did you consider FTP itself? Write a batch script that would do the FTP and call that script from your form (using CLIENT_HOST).